Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Nameless mod (for now)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Nameless mod (for now)

roburky 17 years ago
    I think Barebones was talking about dropping as a solution to items ending up in the wrong inventory.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Yes. You're veering off your (mini-) topic. What are you going to do about the "close drawer" item and right-clicking?
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    I just didnt expect people to be THAT stupid to drop those items.
    Doesn't matter. People shouldn't be able to do such rediculous (and, in some cases, game-breaking) things regardless of whether or not you expect them to.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Cant think of anything. I tried looking for some item or something that allows the use of right-click to close inventory, but there is none. I also tried disabling the ability to open/close inventory, but right click still works ... Im out of ideas. Any suggestions?
    #
    roburky 17 years ago
    The problem is that when you right click to close the desk inventory, it stays on the desk inventory, and pressing I no longer opens any inventory.

What you could do is put an item in the desk inventory so that when you press I after doing the above, it switches you back to the normal inventory.

I think that would work.
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    What you could do is put an item in the desk inventory so that when you press I after doing the above, it switches you back to the normal inventory.
    Thats what I said but a more simple solution it to give the 'Close Desk' item a quick key of 'I'
    I tried it already, it works!

Edit: For perfect results you should also change all your effect 16s to that parameter 3 is equal to 0, that way any items you do pick up while the desk inventory item is active, the picked up item will go too the original inventory Really enjoying this mod, very good ideas coming through hope you continue

P.S. Are you still looking for names for this mod?
    #
    tucalipe 17 years ago
    Hi. Sorry I've been missing for a long time... But I'm back. Pete asked for SS2 sounds, well, if you still owns the CD, open a file named snd.crf with WinZip. It should work just as a .zip file. From there, find the sounds you need. BTW, you can get any sound you want to use, without asking for copyrgith, because Looking Glass has already removed their rights over System Shock related.

You should be looking for files F_laserX.wav, where X is number 1-4, for normal laser, and F_laserb.wav for overload shot, both in snd.crf.

You're welcome, BTW.

PS.: I'm gonna try the new alpha right now.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "tucalipe" said:
    Hi. Sorry I've been missing for a long time... But I'm back. Pete asked for SS2 sounds, well, if you still owns the CD, open a file named snd.crf with WinZip. It should work just as a .zip file. From there, find the sounds you need. BTW, you can get any sound you want to use, without asking for copyrgith, because Looking Glass has already removed their rights over System Shock related.

You should be looking for files F_laserX.wav, where X is number 1-4, for normal laser, and F_laserb.wav for overload shot, both in snd.crf.

You're welcome, BTW.

PS.: I'm gonna try the new alpha right now.

Oh, thankie! Oh and the problem with the dsk inventories is that when zou close it the wrong way, you still pick up stuuuuuf... in.. that...inventory... IDEA! I think I found a solution! I just wish I was at home right now...
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Wow...Heres one mod thats been going for a year!!! Hurray Pete!
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "ModSlayer" said:
    Wow...Heres one mod thats been going for a year!!! Hurray Pete!

YEEEEEAAAAAAR???? WHAT THE HELL?

...Ive been on this forum longer than I thought I guess...
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    I cant tell it was a day or not already... so I hope Im not double posting. Anyway, I need ideas. Read futher with caution as it contains a HUGE spoiler: Here is the deal, you make a tiny robot out of spare parts. Them put him into a crack in the wall which leads to another room. I got that cowered. The robot will also be completely dependant on light (powered with a solar panel) and carries a paralyzator that can fire two times when the bot is fully charged. Anyway, I need some ideas on puzzles, traps and funny moments. READ THIS ONLY IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT GETTING INFORMED ABOUT ALL THE NEW STUFF IN NEXT RELEASE!

Right, couldnt get more people to read it.

Oh, and I solved the desk inventory problem. I just made a script that checks every 200miliseconds if youre in the right inventory and if not, puts you in it. So you cant accidentaly pick up stuff into the wrong one.
    #
    That's a good idea, with the robot and all. Unfortunately, I should tell you that I can do a lot in two seconds.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    That's a good idea, with the robot and all. Unfortunately, I should tell you that I can do a lot in two seconds.
    That's a fifth of a second, Anonymous. A millisecond is 1/1000th of a second.

"Pete" said:
    I cant tell it was a day or not already
    Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:21 pm
    Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:14 pm
    Yeah, it's been 24 hours.
    #
    ... And almost exactly 25 hours, too.

I thought a millisecond was a hundreth of a second! There has to be a "normal" name for a Jiffy!
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    That would be a centisecond, then, right?
    #
    /me bashes his head upon the nearest non-electronic component in his room

I should just keep playing Daedalus.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    I cant tell it was a day or not already... so I hope Im not double posting. Anyway, I need ideas. Read futher with caution as it contains a HUGE spoiler: Here is the deal, you make a tiny robot out of spare parts. Them put him into a crack in the wall which leads to another room. I got that cowered. The robot will also be completely dependant on light (powered with a solar panel) and carries a paralyzator that can fire two times when the bot is fully charged. Anyway, I need some ideas on puzzles, traps and funny moments. READ THIS ONLY IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT GETTING INFORMED ABOUT ALL THE NEW STUFF IN NEXT RELEASE!

Right, couldnt get more people to read it.

Oh, and I solved the desk inventory problem. I just made a script that checks every 200miliseconds if youre in the right inventory and if not, puts you in it. So you cant accidentaly pick up stuff into the wrong one.

Um, come on people. I need those ideas! Without them I wont be able to finish the next version!
    #
    tucalipe 17 years ago
    You could try some "cutscenes", like: you are walking through a corridor and you hear some gunshots, then you get close to the wall and you see an alien killing the second-last survivor on the ship. Things like that.

BTW, how do I get past the rad pools? to get an hev?
    BTW again, you should use another image for HEV, and maybe another name. Wait just a minute. I'll come up with something right away...
    #
    tucalipe 17 years ago
    Here, try this one:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.globaleffects.com/C_pages/Rental/Wardrobe/Costumes/BioHazard/Futuristic/BioHsuit721_hi.jpg">http://www.globaleffects.com/C_pages/Re ... 721_hi.jpg</a><!-- m -->

You could call it BioSuit (not BioHSuit). Try the upper left one.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Looks like something from a power ranger suit without ironing. I like Half-Life one's better

By the way, don't double post, yours was only 4 minutes away between the last post. Use the edit button next time (I wonder if any of them erad the rules when they register?).
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    I wonder if any of them erad the rules when they register?
    Doubtful, even I paid scant attention to them.
    #
    tucalipe 17 years ago
    So, you've guys just write posts just to criticize a little mistake I did, and add nothing to the thread content... I see...

Anyway, I read the rules. It's just it was long time ago...
    #
    Don't worry. It happens to everyone at some point.

MADGAMER, DON'T PICK ON ANTS! Thanks.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Nah, we only squish 'em under our shiny boots. Welcome to Monkkonen.net .

And, seriously, we might seem a bit hard at times, but if you try to play to the rules, we soften up. Sort of an introduction ritual. Doesn't harm no-one, keeps out the annoying people.

Okay, now, what was this thread about? A mod, right? Shall we return on topic?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    YES, YOU SHALL RETURN TO TOPIC. Geeze.
    #
    alphard 17 years ago
    to Pete
    trying to download your beta, but the message appears:
    "Sorry, this file is no longer available. It may have been deleted by the uploader, or has expired". re-upload the mod, please
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    You will just have to wait for the new beta, as I worked on the original beta and heavily modified it by now, so it is not in a curently release-able state. I should be done this weekend and upload it on monday, though.
    #
    alphard 17 years ago
    good! waiting for new version
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    ...or not?

OK so I forgot to take the newest data files with me to the othewr computer so there is no progress. But I will make it up for you and will actually do some work. It might even get released in a two days, just as soon as I get some complicated plot objects done, make few more textures and make the ending animation (well, for this version).
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    POST POST POST.

The real deadline is now set on Christmas, and I mean it this time. I got a little problem though I need help with.

Laser pistol;//name
    13;//id
    0;//class
    laser0.png;//bullet texture
    1;//bullets at one shot
    0;//stop at hit
    4;//bullet size
    0.01;//spread
    1;//bullet spread
    1000;//time until bullet disappears
    300;//fire rate
    0;//trace
    -1;//hit visual effect colour
    0;//hit visual effect particle (-1 = nothing)
    none;//hit effect sound
    0.1;//push target back
    0.01;//push shooter back
    lasershort.wav;//fire sound
    lasershort.wav;//hit sound
    1;//AI hear volume
    begin_wield_conditions;
    0;//condition
    22;//parameter0
    1;//parameter1
    end_wield_conditions;
    begin_fire_effects;
    16;//effect number
    22.000000;//parameter1
    -1.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    27;//effect number
    5.000000;//parameter1
    50.000000;//parameter2
    0.700000;//parameter3
    0.750000;//parameter4
    26;//effect number
    31.000000;//parameter1
    1.000000;//parameter2
    13.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_fire_effects;
    begin_hit_effects;
    4;//effect number
    -20.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_hit_effects;

This is the code for my old laser pistol with new sounds. The problem is, they dont work. I checked like 5 times. The name is right, I have the file in my mod directory(right name) in Sound, the file has right name too. Any ideas?[/code]
    #
    Nocture17 17 years ago
    Please clarify, does the weapon itself not work, or does the entire weapon refuse to function?

Assuming the former, one thing to beware would be if there are any sound files in the default notrium sound directory with the same name, then Notrium sometimes goes a bit screwy. Failing that, check the wav files themselves, and make sure they make the noise they're supposed to. If that still doesn't work, check to make absolutely sure your item is pointing to the right weapon (can you tell I've done this?).

Hope this helps.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    The gun works exactly the way it should. It just doesnt make any noise. The wav files are ok. And this is the ERROR the debug start file gives me.

Starting Load Laser pistol
    Starting Load Sample lasershort.wav
    ERROR Loading Sample
    Starting Load Sample lasershort.wav
    ERROR Loading Sample
    Finished Load Laser pistol
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    .................................*pant pant*......sorry...im.....late......just let me catch my breath.................................. okay im good, so whats this mod about???
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Its about killing hordes of aliens while being inside a big spaceship which you have to fix to get the hell out of there.
    #
    Aphiberg 17 years ago
    Hey this is my first post and what not anyway don't give up on this mod I have seen really interesting mods (Forsaken) and they gave up... so don't give up this mod seems really awsome
    #
    Forum » Nameless mod (for now)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: