Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Vacuus 14 years ago
    I have several remaining beta keys for Heroes of Newerth floating about if anyone still wants one.

It's made by the same people as Savage 1/2, set in the 'same' world and is basically just a standalone remake of the WC3 mod DotA. Seems filled with less idiots, though, and actually isn't too bad to play occasionaly. I haven't had time to play for a while (heading into exams), but take a look at the site and pm me your email if you're after one.

Not sure if anyone here still plays MUD's, but Midkemia Online is supposed to be going into open beta soon for Feist fans. That, and Tears of Polaris which will likely be a while off yet.

...and is it just me or did this place get bigger?!
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    I play MUD's, mainly Materia Magica, and/or New Worlds.
    Also, I did play HoN already.

And: Torchlight. Great game.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    To whom it may concern: L4D2 Demo is now available to the public.

Speaking of things related to Valve, d'you think we should start up a Monkkonen.net Steam Group thingamajig?
    #
    Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    I d--

... Wait, Vacuus?

*Blink*

Anyhow, I don't think we honestly have enough active forum members for a Steam group, let alone enough people with the same multiplayer Steam games to play. I'd love to join, should enough momentum to start one arise, but I wouldn't be much help. All I use Steam for is the Orange Box and a few Source mods, and I haven't even had enough HDD space to play lately. I even forget the Orange Box comes with TF2 sometimes because I didn't buy it for that game in particular.
    #
    Vacuus 14 years ago
    Yes, anon?

I don't think it'd hurt to have one, chances are there wont be enough active members on this forum for quite a while, or atleast until Driftmoon is released.

Albeit I currently only have gmod and HL2 on this account, but playing with some familiar people is better than none at all.
    #
    ... Well, it's just that you seem to have been gone for a while, and here you are now.

Good point, though. Since there won't be many people around for a while anyhow, we might as well create the Steam group. (Come to think of it, I ought to buy GMod; everyone has that game.)
    #
    Vacuus 14 years ago
    Quite a while! I'll try and stay around for some time yet, well atleast until moving to the maritime college next year. I don't think they offer cheap, reliable internet for people living on park benches.

Gmod is surprisingly fun if you get Wiremod along with it. I (honestly) spent a week or so trying to recreate the IC engine on a smaller scale. One piston moved, atleast. With some programming experience and knowing a little about very basic vector math/possibly complex numbers you can build an auto-leveling 192kmh flying bobsled in, I don't know, 10 minutes? Besides, having the Orange Box you'll already have more models than I do.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Gmod, Orange box, and both L4D and (eventually) L4D2 here.
    #
    Speaking of L4D, I thought the L4D joke in the Gmod Idiot Box 7 (Look it up, it's a YouTube video series.) was incredibly funny.

... Oh, and Vacuus, if you use IRC, do stop by our channel sometime.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Speaking of things related to Valve, d'you think we should start up a Monkkonen.net Steam Group thingamajig?
    Aye! We may not be many, but we don't lose anything if we have one.

And I have tried L4D2 for a small period of time. Smashing zombies with a guitar was slightly fun. Too bad my laptop can't keep up with the heat.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    GMod + Wiremod = all you need for an awesome time (although the Stargate addon is pretty damn cool too).
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    GMod + Wiremod = all you need for an awesome time (although the Stargate addon is pretty damn cool too).
    Especially if you know how to use it and what to do with it. Recently I just don't feel like playing it because I'm always out of ideas.
    I can host Garry's mod servers, but they tend to be unstable and hard to join for no apparent reason. If we had a good server host, such would be perfect for being a group administrator (announcements FTW).
    #
    Grim usually makes for a good, stable host. Ask him.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Grim usually makes for a good, stable host. Ask him.
    Grim would be an able administrator for the Steam group, indeed. I would volunteer myself if I had more time.
    #
    Redemption 14 years ago
    L4D2 is gonna be awesome.

The only bad thing I have to say after playing the demo is the zombie corpses fading out the moment they fall. Sorta kills the fun (of which there is a lot).
    #
    Zanfib 14 years ago
    "NeoGangster" said:
    I just found a funny flash game
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theswain.com/Flash/MWC.htm">http://www.theswain.com/Flash/MWC.htm</a><!-- m -->
    it's hilarious

Why does it show up as an attack site?
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    L4D2 is gonna be awesome.

The only bad thing I have to say after playing the demo is the zombie corpses fading out the moment they fall. Sorta kills the fun (of which there is a lot).
    Censored version? Stay the hell away from me I want my riot zombies exacty where they belong thank you good sir goodbye.

On a slightly more serious note, australian or german?
    #
    Redemption 14 years ago
    Australian. It makes sense that it'd be censored, it wasn't even going to be released here at one point.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Word of caution, people are probably gonna threat australians like the plague... regardless for the fact that except for The Parish there will be no effect on their games.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    On a totally unrelated note.

Gergoth! Has! The! Most! awesomebossbattlemusicever!
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Gergoth! Has! The! Most! awesomebossbattlemusicever!
    Gergoth? No, just standard boss music. ;P
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Okay, its out. See you in a month.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Gergoth actually has a unique one :3
    (which is awesome)
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    My copy of Bowser's Inside Story arrived! Yay!
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    If someone just lost against you and is complaining about your weapon/character/whatever being overpowered...
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i38.tinypic.com/25qy97r.jpg">http://i38.tinypic.com/25qy97r.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    If someone just lost against you and is complaining about your weapon/character/whatever being overpowered...
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i38.tinypic.com/25qy97r.jpg">http://i38.tinypic.com/25qy97r.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    HAW HAW Haw Haw haw!

That reminds me of TF2.

...What doesn't remind me of TF2!?
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Seriously? Does TF2 have such dominative-class-imba?
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    No. But people whine anyway.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Their reason to whine is that TF2 is constantly being updated with new weapons, maps, game modes and stuff like that.

Also, hats.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Their reason to whine is that TF2 is constantly being updated with new weapons, maps, game modes and stuff like that.
    (sarcastically) And they are sure to get used to older ones when the balance swings a bit
    EDIT: Arrrg, offtop!
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    EDIT: Arrrg, offtop!
    This is the gaming thread, we aren't off topic.

So, have you all checked Steam holiday sales?
    #
    Unfortunately, I don't have the HDD space to install my games, so I don't keep Steam around. I heard some games were up for $3 in any currency up until a few hours ago!

Does anyone play Spring anymore? A few of you guys tried it out a while back, but it seems I'm the only one to have ever held real interest.
    #
    Vacuus 14 years ago
    I did play it for a while, but anything where the majority of the players have the potential to be that elitist is not something I enjoy. It wasn't a bad game, though, if a little unstable.
    #
    It's not that they're elitist-- Actually, I wouldn't know. I've never played online because there are never any games up that have EXACTLY a map, mod, and minimum rank that I have as well, not to mention that the latest release is full of crash-inducing bugs.

I can honestly say that the effort to make singleplayer AIs is starting to pay off, though. I still can't beat KAIK, the one AI that plays like a veteran with no mercy, but I'm good enough to hold my own with the other four. (I mean, duh. Two of them are silly fortress-building bots that only defend, and don't even do THAT well enough to hold off T2 units. Then again, newbies have to start somewhere.)
    #
    mexis8 14 years ago
    Over the years i've played hundreds of games, including the most famious, Left for dead 2.

But if people are looking for a game that peeks as a CHALLENGE, of both mental and patiences then this game will get your blood boiling and will make you mad, again and again you will constintly try your best, but it's been 2 years and i havin't completed the game.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/n_downloads.html">http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/n_downloads.html</a><!-- m -->

btw this is a award winning game, so it's inpressive.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: