Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

Crazy 17 years ago
    Crazy is more fit to moderate than you.

Hay!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Grim, I'd rather give ZeX's mod powers to Zombie then let you near them. I'm afraid AsdMaster would find himself unable to post anything for the next ten years at least.

"Inane" said:
    MK, can I ask what the new 'missions' in the next version will be?
    I wasn't planning on having "missions," at least, not in the conventional sense. My plan was to make it as open-ended as possible, while still throwing in the occasional scripted thing (Similar to the jungle planet thing where you can destroy the fighters to get bonuses) on the side.

"Grim Reaper" said:
    To continue Inane's question, when might you be releasing the next version?
    About when I finish TPoD3... that is to say, no time in the forseeable future. Again, all Bethesda's fault.
    #
    Roboman 17 years ago
    I know this may sound stupid but it has me stumped. How do you get past the Kravaak system? I cant see anything I have to do there. Ive pretty much killed the aliens/enemy troops. And how do you get to the store?
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    There's no actual objectives in either system yet, the game is still in it's infancy so to speak. You access the store by going into your inventory and selecting "Leave bridge". This will put you on the bridge of your ship. The shop computer is the computer panel directly through the door to the bridge, just right click to access it and "use" the items you wish to buy.

By the way MK, how's the development of Wazzal II going? Any progress?
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    To continue Inane's question, when might you be releasing the next version?
    About when I finish TPoD3... that is to say, no time in the forseeable future. Again, all Bethesda's fault.
    Still no change. Although it's probably now the fault of Jedi Academy and Total Annihilation, as I haven't had access to my Oblivion computer in a while.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Here's a little somethin' for y'all. Have fun.

NOT FINISHED YET. Must emphasize that.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    I thought this mod was dead!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    It is. Have you checked the "date modified" on any of those data files? Haven't touched them in ages. Just thought somebody might like 'em.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Oh... Bugger.
    #
    DRL 17 years ago
    We`ll I don`t know if somebody already post this, I haven`t got time to read all posts but I`ll like to help the modding community. I like this mod still

We`ll, WHAT ABOUT BOARDING SHIPS?,

IN one of these ways:

1) You should create a weapon that disrupt a ship, and another item that, once you got close enough of the disabled ship, will "auto-fire" and will take you to a screen (similar to Wazzall) where you should be able to fight for the ship with some of your mates ...

or 2): When some ships are killed, they will not drop they standar objects:
    they will drop a "disabled version of thembleselfs (Well, after killing an enemy ship, hever the mouse and says: "ship-name-here" Disabled)
    When you got in range, you begin the boarding and if succesfull, you may be able to use it or make it join your fleet...

Well, these are my ideas, I know scripting is hard, so I made the ideas in most "scripting language" as posible.

Hope they help...-
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    The Mod is dead.
    #
    DRL 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    The Mod is dead.
    Dead?!. How bad...Oh... Hope someone finishes it,
    It`s really cool /...
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    The Mod is dead.

I was going to make a complicated post, but this sums it up pretty well.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    The Mod is dead.
    Unless someone else decides to take over where MK left off.

*Looks around hopefully*
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    /me takes out the no-hope gun and reload it.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "Pete" said:
    Use BBCode [/OT]
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "E_net4" said:
    "Pete" said:
    Use BBCode
    Using /me on the forums is done intentionally, rather like using [spoiler][/spoiler] tags when they don't actually do anything. Even like the [OT][/OT] tags, which also don't do anything.[/OT]

If someone agrees to do graphics, I'll start working on this again.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    What sort of graphics do you need? Can't most be ripped from Wazzal?

I'm not really that good with 3D modelling, but I could always try.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    I have zero skill at making graphics for Notrium. If someone else can make graphics that are fully compatible with Notrium, I will do my level best to finish off this mod.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I have zero skill at making graphics for Notrium.
    Me too.

Getting graphics from Wazzal would be easy if you just took screenshots.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    I have... /some/ modeling skills, but converting them into Notrium-usable files is something i'm not familiar with.
    #
    White Rabbit 17 years ago
    I don't know if this bug has been reported, but Notrium crashes when the ship's targetting beam has no target to beam at. First I destroyed all the enemy ships. I turned the beam on, and it crashed. Then I attacked all the enemy ships with the beam on, and it crashed when the last ship was shot down.

EDIT: Oh, the mod is dead. That's...too bad.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "White Rabbit" said:
    I don't know if this bug has been reported, but Notrium crashes when the ship's targetting beam has no target to beam at. First I destroyed all the enemy ships. I turned the beam on, and it crashed. Then I attacked all the enemy ships with the beam on, and it crashed when the last ship was shot down.
    I've experienced this on and off. Sometimes when I play, it seems that the targetting beam will target the upper-right corner of the map when all the enemy's are dead. Other times, it crashes. This is a problem with the Notrium engine itself (well it is, Ville), because the targetting beam uses the "fire weapon at nearest enemy" effect, and it can't find an enemy. This should make the weapon not fire, not crash the game!

I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning, but to be fair, ZeXLR8er!! didn't create the targetting beam. I created it in an unofficial patch to the second beta, and he just happened to include it in the third beta. It is therefore entirely my fault an item that can easily crash the game is present.

"White Rabbit" said:
    EDIT: Oh, the mod is dead. That's...too bad.
    It'll be alive as soon as someone can give me some help. Are you any good with graphics?
    #
    White Rabbit 17 years ago
    I can work graphics fairly well (colours, palettes, modifications), but I'm a bad artist.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Then I bet you can get along rather well (one makes the art, the other converts them to Notrium-compatible form).
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Isn't Crazy busy with the TIAoGaC?

Well, if he can spend time making good Wazzal models and White Rabbit can make them into Notrium-useable images, I'd totally start working on this again.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Actually, Crazy's not allowed to use the compy for a while (his female parental unit malfunctioned and started thinking that computers are bad for Crazy).
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Actually, Crazy's not allowed to use the compy for a while (his female parental unit malfunctioned and started thinking that computers are bad for Crazy).

Oooooh. Mine too, just not that bad.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    My male parental unit is happy that I chose to continue his work. However, my female parental unit thinks that I could be overdoing it and pulls me away sometimes. So... yea. I hope he gets it back at some point.
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Im suprized I havent downloaded this...but...Wheres the link?
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    i think i have it, check my sig... again
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Here's a little somethin' for y'all. Have fun.

NOT FINISHED YET. Must emphasize that.
    Haven't taken it down yet, I don't think.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    I'm considering reviving this thing...

And changing it a lot. A LOT
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:

YAY!

Sorry, that was a bit childish. But seriously, it's good to see someone willing to continue this.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:

Dont consider. DO start.

Also, Y[insert 9999999 a's here]Y!!!!!
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: