Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

E_net4 13 years ago
    Well, how many of you guys are missing The Second Annu-hell SCREAM FORTRESS Hauntdead Halloween Special?

As for me, I need the Sniper Mask and the Spy Mask to finish all achievements.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Pretty much finished Nimbus, all secrets and coins, only the scrapyard levels (takeouts re-added as bonus levels, usually really hard) are left.
    Five hours. Hm. I guess it's because I don't really care about highscores. I just finish levels and move on.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Then, the "population cap" is not a global one, but per ship type; You can have, say, 300 fighters, 300 Tier II fighters, and 300 Tier III fighters. This is to force you to use everything you have - because 300 additional tier I ships are always useful, even if they are vastly outdated. Also an interesting choice that sets the game apart from others.
    Homeworld 2 had a "per-ship-type" unit cap. I hated that unit cap. My favourite mod was the Complex Mod, which changed the unit cap to a crew/officer recruitment system.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I never played Homeworld, but it works pretty well in this one. It feels a bit arbitrary, but it makes sense given the design philosphy.
    The cap never really bothered. I have too much stuff to do in the game to worry about that xD
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Minecraft Halloween has come! Go for it.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    In case anyone hasn't figured it out, the watch recipe is the compass recipe, only using gold instead of iron.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    So, them portals, are they broken or what. I built one, walk through, walk back, and end up on a hill with my castle a speck in the distance. I walk back into the newly generated portal, take a few steps forward, build a new portal, walk through, and actually end up CLOSER to my castle. Reliable fast travel system, that.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    The official Minecraft forums are full on explanations on the update. There ARE glitches, and they'll be fixed after Notch takes a rest.
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    The Nether is crazy if you aren't prepared for it.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    True. Be really careful not to fall into lava lakes.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "harwe" said:
    True. Be really careful not to fall into lava lakes.
    Or to play before a certain armor and inventory bug get fixed. I made that mistake, and now my shiny diamonds are gone forever...
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://octodadgame.com/index.php">http://octodadgame.com/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Best game ever?
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago

That. Looks. Awesome!
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Huh... it's quite an odd game there.

I guess buying Poker Night at the Inventory won't hurt. Not only I get a nice small game but also a bunch of TF2 items.
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    http://octodadgame.com/index.php

Best game ever?

If only it doesn't crash when I enter a new room....
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    So. Super Crate Box.

At first I was like "why does it take so long to start up" then I was "damn this looks easy" then I was like "wait why is this so hard" and finally I was like "goddammit I should have been in bed four hours ago".

This game is crack. Narvius, you must play, you are the kind of masochist to like this chaos type of thing. Others probably should also play. Don't be frustrated if you don't get anywhere at the start, it takes some practice and luck. Mainly practice.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Notch told their people about that one some time ago. I unlocked every single weapon, but unlocking other characters is much harder. And yes, you can lose a lot of time if you insist.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Notch told their people about that one some time ago. I unlocked every single weapon, but unlocking other characters is much harder. And yes, you can lose a lot of time if you insist.
    "E_net4" said:
    Notch told their people about that one some time ago.
    "E_net4" said:
    Notch told their people about that
    "E_net4" said:
    Notch told their
    Notch is neither a plurality nor of indeterminate gender. "Their" should be "his".
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Guess what, I'd rather laugh at my own mistakes.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Narvius (...) masochist
    FINALLY, some recognition.

Also, yeah. Only one character left to unlock, for 20 crates in Ambush (current highscore is 19).
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    Narvius (...) masochist
    FINALLY, some recognition.

Also, yeah. Only one character left to unlock, for 20 crates in Ambush (current highscore is 19).
    The crap. Don't leave me in the dust like that! I have yet to unlock 4 characters...
    #
    Binky 13 years ago
    Man, I haven't even beaten SMFT yet. Or was it SFMT. Well, no matter. I got to 13 on it, once, and then couldn't get there again.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    So. Super Crate Box.
    So. Fun game. Not exactly Hydorah, but then, what is?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    It's a game I finally managed to unlock SMFT on all 3 stages and still have 2 characters to unlock.
    But really, it's fun.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Hydorah was easy Well kind of. After all, I managed to perfect it, even without spoilers for the secrets!
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    So I grabbed myself a copy of Grotesque Tactics. Gamer's complex made me instantly try on hard. It's not THAT hard, I rarely ever use healing potions, but I do retry sometimes.
    Three-four hours in, and my party consists of an emo leader, an arrogant demigod (apparently), three half-naked girls, a goblin and an angel. ...oh kay. And I killed a 1-UP shroom, now I get a free resurrect of the first character that dies! Yay!

It's actually pretty fun, if sometimes somewhat unclear to what actually is going on. Definately recommendable.
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    HAY GUISE GUES WAT

I FINALLY bought Minecraft. The only problem is that my little brother plays too, and we only bought one copy of the game, and I'm obligated (forced) to share. <.<
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    There IS five separate worlds, and as far as I know(not that this accounts to much) theres nothing preventing you from running two copies of the game on the same account...
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    There IS five separate worlds, and as far as I know(not that this accounts to much) theres nothing preventing you from running two copies of the game on the same account...
    It's actually 5 separate worlds per computer and the online minecraft server (played in browser). You can login to however many computers you like and as long as you keep the Remember Me selected, you only need to type your info once. If you can find the .minecraft folder then you can export/import the worlds around as well.
    #
    "Pete" said:
    "harwe" said:
    (snip) You can login to however many computers you like and as long as you keep the Remember Me selected, you only need to type your info once. If you can find the .minecraft folder then you can export/import the worlds around as well.
    ... Ah, good. I was afraid that I'd get banned when the servers thought something was fishy, or something like that.

I've literally found miles of caves after, like, two days of play time. This game is nuts!
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I've literally found miles of caves after, like, two days of play time. This game is nuts!
    What, are you playing on Peaceful?
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    What, are you playing on Peaceful?
    No, I'm playing on Normal. It's just that I expand aggressively, and I've spent a full 24 hours of actual game time on it already, that's all. (Y'see, the land under my base doesn't have a lot of iron ore, and I really needed it for pickaxes and armor and such.)
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I already complained to Grim, but... I FUCKING HATE SKELETONS. I HATE IT WHEN THEY SHOOT A LOAD IN MY FACE FROM LESS THAN A METER DISTANCE.
    A also hate it from any other distance, but it's not as annoying then.

I'm currently playing a baseless game. I just walk around and, like, explore. Too bad I have to leave all that coal, it hurts the completionist in me. But, three bukkits of lava!
    #
    "Narvius" said:
    I already complained to Grim, but... I FUCKING HATE SKELETONS. I HATE IT WHEN THEY SHOOT A LOAD IN MY FACE FROM LESS THAN A METER DISTANCE.
    A also hate it from any other distance, but it's not as annoying then.
    Yea, skeletons at any range are a bitch. I either find a lot of them and a creeper (Which usually explodes), or find one at such a close range that all I can do is fall to my death while trying to get my bow out. (That or they get stuck behind a protrusion in the wall and I can safely slash them with my sword.)

... Also, spiders can see me through my skylight, and they will actually follow my 2D location on the roof into some flaming Netherstone I set up just for them.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    I HATE IT WHEN THEY SHOOT A LOAD IN MY FACE FROM LESS THAN A METER DISTANCE.
    XD

Yes, I have a dirty mind.....
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: