Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Murska 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I would install the mod if I had some decent disk space, which I have not.
    I did try Zombie Panic! Source and Age of Chivalry, and right now I'm waiting for Pirates, Vikings and Knights II 2.3

I have a total of 1,5 teras of space and still having space problems. It's never gonna be enough space!

Of course, it's mostly just the problem of having a too small C-drive, not really space issues as such, since there's still 700Gb free on one disk.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Of course, it's mostly just the problem of having a too small C-drive, not really space issues as such, since there's still 700Gb free on one disk.
    So you do have enough space. You lied!
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    If you're saying that 700GB aren't enough for you, then what the heck are you using them for? Über-Massive video renders?
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Murska" said:
    So you do have enough space. You lied!

I never said I don't have enough space. At least after I got my 1Tb disk. I just said I have space problems.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    So, you know Red Alert, right? The Chronoshpere thing that actually only is just a teleport thing? How would it be if you could actually send your units through time? Or send commands back in time? Alter the battle with the knowledge you gained after it?

In multiplayer?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://achrongame.com/">http://achrongame.com/</a><!-- m -->

That's an instant buy if it's ever released.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago

Wow, thats a really cool idea. Can't wait to see how they implement the time travel thing.
    #
    NeoGangster 14 years ago
    Looks interesting, it sure will be funny if you get beaten by your enemy and you travel through time to kill his mother, so he never existed... xD
    #
    ahrenjb 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    So, guys. If I remember correctly, most of you had hl2... so, does anyone here play zombie master? You know, the mod that was recently Steamed? Im just saying, it could always use more players.

I had it installed for a while, fun, but needs some polishing still. Empires is one of my favorite source mods, Eternal Silence isn't bad either.

"Amarth" said:
    So, you know Red Alert, right?...That's an instant buy if it's ever released.

Wot. I'm having a hard time seeing how this would work. Game start! Deploy MCV! Suddenly 15 prism tanks appear next to your freshly constructed power plant that your opponent sent back in time from a half hour into the game. Thats what I would do anyway.

Or maybe you send a tank and then back in time you command it to attack a building which justdraws the enemy away and you use a commando to... OH GOD.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    "ahrenjb" said:
    "Pete" said:
    So, guys. If I remember correctly, most of you had hl2... so, does anyone here play zombie master? You know, the mod that was recently Steamed? Im just saying, it could always use more players.

I had it installed for a while, fun, but needs some polishing still. Empires is one of my favorite source mods, Eternal Silence isn't bad either.

"Amarth" said:
    So, you know Red Alert, right?...That's an instant buy if it's ever released.

Wot. I'm having a hard time seeing how this would work. Game start! Deploy MCV! Suddenly 15 prism tanks appear next to your freshly constructed power plant that your opponent sent back in time from a half hour into the game. Thats what I would do anyway.

Or maybe you send a tank and then back in time you command it to attack a building which justdraws the enemy away and you use a commando to... OH GOD.

But see, if the enemy jumps to the start with forces from half an hour into the game, you can also jump there to save yourself or, say, attack the enemy's powerplant. OR you can jump to less farther back in time and destroy the factories he's making his attacking troops from. Or you can attack him in the future while his army is in the past.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:

But see, if the enemy jumps to the start with forces from half an hour into the game, you can also jump there to save yourself or, say, attack the enemy's powerplant. OR you can jump to less farther back in time and destroy the factories he's making his attacking troops from. Or you can attack him in the future while his army is in the past.

Head... hurtghs... grugh...

...I dont think I can imagine the kind of a person that would be able to play this game efficiently.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    That time travelling system confuses me as well, as if there was a chance for time paradoxes that destroy the whole game.
    #
    NeoGangster 14 years ago
    from the videos it looked like you could only go like 2 mins in the past or 30 secs to the future, so I dont think there would be so many game breaking options
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "NeoGangster" said:
    from the videos it looked like you could only go like 2 mins in the past or 30 secs to the future, so I dont think there would be so many game breaking options
    I got the impression that you couldn't go into the future at all, and that you could go as far in the past as you liked, but you were limited by the amount of available chrono-energy as to what you could influence (although it seemed as though sending units back in time took no chrono-energy... only ordering them to do something once they got there).
    #
    NeoGangster 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I got the impression that you couldn't go into the future at all, and that you could go as far in the past as you liked, but you were limited by the amount of available chrono-energy as to what you could influence (although it seemed as though sending units back in time took no chrono-energy... only ordering them to do something once they got there).

it is possible to go to the future, in one of the videos they go to the future to build unit there
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "NeoGangster" said:
    "MageKing17" said:

it is possible to go to the future, in one of the videos they go to the future to build unit there
    That was returning to the present, not traveling into the future.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "NeoGangster" said:
    "MageKing17" said:

That was returning to the present, not traveling into the future.
    You might want to rewatch that (near the end of the second demo video). It is in the future. Right underneath the videos is also the following:
    Achron allows the player to see and manipulate the speculative future. The future is extrapolated from the present based on all of the units' current actions and objectives. Suppose one player moves his armies to go attack an opponent. The opponent will see large red marks on the timeline in the future and can jump to the future to see specifics of the attack.

Being able to play in the future gives players the flexibility to play all over the timeline. For example, a player may build up armies in the future to send to the past, using resources they do not yet have.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    Hmm. Assuming that one starts with a single command center structure thing and some limited resources, what if one were to divert all resources and whatnot into amassing a vast army, then once the army is complete, sending it back into the past to destroy the command center structure thing?
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Hmm. Assuming that one starts with a single command center structure thing and some limited resources, what if one were to divert all resources and whatnot into amassing a vast army, then once the army is complete, sending it back into the past to destroy the command center structure thing?
    Grandfather paradox is all accounted for. Since changes propagate along the timeline with some delay, this works pretty fine, alternating between not having the command center and not having the army. Eventually, it should get stuck in one of those two states, although I have trouble visualizing how that happens exactly. Anyway, read the FAQ.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    The guy whose command centre you blew up with YOUR army has to send back HIS army to stop YOUR army before the timeline change reaches HIS army, which goes poof? Thats my guess, anyway...
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    The guy whose command centre you blew up with YOUR army has to send back HIS army to stop YOUR army before the timeline change reaches HIS army, which goes poof? Thats my guess, anyway...
    Actually, what I was talking about was you blowing up your own command center in the past with your army from the future.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Pete" said:
    Actually, what I was talking about was you blowing up your own command center in the past with your army from the future.
    Same thing, really.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Ok I think I'll forget about reading all this for now. For now, my head is spinning too much. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm less drunk.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    New videos by the way. One about using the future and one about the grandfather paradox. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://achrongame.com/">http://achrongame.com/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Braid out for PC. Buy now.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91064-New-Fallout-Coming-From-Original-Fallout-Devs

Aay. Discuss?
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    OBJECTION!
    I never liked Fallout. [/discussion]

(But Phoenix Wright is awesome.)
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Hmm, a year seems like a really short time period. More Fallout should be a good thing but I'm waiting for more details.
    #
    D0M0 14 years ago
    details, so little but they tell so much, mostly about nothing that makes sense with something, it's just like listening to statistics
    #
    Zanfib 14 years ago
    The company running the new fallout project is obsidian. Bugger.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    That's a good thing, Zanfib. Fallout 3 < Fallout (2)
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    I guess I'm simply still traumatized by that shaman guy from the second game. If everyone says Fallout = Awesome, then I seemingly have some strong reason not to like it. [And I really, really like RPG's.]
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    :/.

How can you not fall in love with the setting and game mechanics of Fallout? In Fallout, you truly are free to do whatever you like, even moreso than Morrowind or Oblivion. It really is a must have played!
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    I played it. I got to Den Town, travelled to San Francisco, magically got a lot of money and then, well. Whatever. SHAMAN GUY.

*shudder*

*NIGHTMARE*

Seriously, I don't know why him. The only other thing I don't like that much is the Ghost House in Vampires: Bloodline Masquerades.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    Seriously, I don't know why him. The only other thing I don't like that much is the Ghost House in Vampires: Bloodline Masquerades.
    Have you by any chance ever played Thief 3: The Deadly Shadows?

If so, did you ever get to the Shalebridge Cradle mission?

I assure you. The cradle is much more horrifying than the ghost house.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    There's a reason I haven't played it, then =D
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: